Re: Viewing imported EPS files ....

Properly constructed EPS files with a TIFF preview header will
display on any version of FrameMaker. The problem is with EPS
files that (1) have no preview header, (2) have Macintosh PICT
headers which are resource-fork based (copied to non-Mac systems,
the resource fork is lost/unavailable), or (3) have WMF or other
unusual headers from non-Adobe graphics applications under Windows.

The overall solution is to make sure that all EPS artwork is
generated with PC-compatible, non-transparent TIFF previews.
These are acceptable for EPS for virtually every program on every
platform.

A different format than EPS generally terribly degrades PostScript
output or PDF generated from same.

        - Dov