Viewing imported EPS files ....

Hi!

We are currenly migrating from SGI/IRIX desktops to Linux (currently
SuSE 7.0) on Intel PCs.

Since there is no Framemaker for Linux available for the moment users
are running frame on an SGI/IRIX server displaying on the Linux system.
This works ok for most document editing, but when an eps file has been
imported into the document, the image is not visible. This is in
contract with using frame directly on an SGI/IRIX desktop, since the SGI
X server has Display Postscript extensions and displays the image.

I've been told that the Windows implementation of Frame suffers from the
same problem - is this true?

Does anyone have any ideas on hwo we can fix this? Would using a
different format from EPS help?

Any suggestions would be gratefully receieved, otherwise I'm not going
to be evry popular when we have moved all our users onto Linux....

Thanks!

Richard

-------

Richard Fisker
Head, Servers and Desktops Section
ECMWF - the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts
e-mail: rfisker@ecmwf.int
Tel:    (+44 118) 949 9355
Fax:    (+44 118) 986 9450
www:    http://www.ecmwf.int