PDF File Size using FM6 and Acrobat 3.05

Help!  I've upgraded all my documents from 5.5.6 to 6.0 (on Windows 98), and I am now using Acrobat 4.05, but when I create my PDF (using Distiller) a PDF file that used to be 1.8 meg is now 20.5 meg. What can I do to make the size more reasonable.

Once I had my document open in FM 6, I did Format>Document>Optimize PDF size before I created the PDF. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Suzette Leeming
Technical Writer
Markham, Ontario