[OT] ISBNs and cataloguing information for digital pubs

Colleagues,

We are starting a series of publications to be published only in PDF
on our website and our local authority responsible for assigning
ISBNs and publishing data says that works not published in print may,
but need not have, an ISBN and cataloguing information assigned.

What would you consider good current practice:  should works
published only electronically have cataloguing information (e.g.
Canadian Cataloguing in Publication Data, American Library of
Congress) and ISBNs? Have the authorities in your jurisdiction made a
formal decision on the matter?

Regards,
Lindsey Martin
--
Lindsey Thomas Martin

Publications, The Fraser Institute
lindseym@fraserinstitute.ca
tel 604.688.0221 x584 / fax 604.688.8539