Re: Figure numbers - in the flow or in the frame?

two things to consider:

1) do cross-references to the numbered figure work correctly if the
   figure number is inside the anchored frame?

2) if you are planning on converting your documentation to an online
   Help format, do the conversion tool and the online Help display
   system handle in-frame figure numbers adequately.  do "jumps" to
   in-frame figure numbers work as expected from the user's point
   of view?

our experience has been that it necessary to have a separate "Figure"
pgf in the main text flow for the figure number, and that the anchored
frame must be anchored to that pgf, because of problems with cross-
references and conversion to HTML for Help.

--- kmc