Re: Scaling Windows screen shots

David Adams wrote:

>I'm producing a manual with screen shots taken on Windows and placed in
>Frame on a Mac. Windows uses 96dpi unlike the Mac's 72dpi. I get moires when
>I scale the image to, for example, 64%. I am test printing at 1200 dpi and
>will be doing the final printing at 1200 or 1270 dpi. Can anyone suggest
>scaling factors that will produce attractive output?

Yeah, ***DON'T SCALE BITMAPS***.  That way lies madness.

Instead, change the picture's resolution -- select the picture,
select Graphics -> Object Properties, then click the "Set DPI"
button.

>From there, choose a resolution that divides evenly into your
printer's resolution -- since you have a 1200 dpi printer, 100 dpi
or 120 dpi should be nearly ideal. You may see some funky artifacts
on screen, but it will print clear & sharp.

	Larry