indexing simplified (and traditional) chinese documents

Hi all -

This is a localization question-

I am writing a user guide and quick start guide in
both simplified and traditional chinese. The way
indexing is done in chinese is by the number of
strokes in a character, not by topic (or letter).
I will go through the english index then find the
character (s) that correspond to the english
entries and mark them with index markers. I am
using the english source files to cut and paste
the chinese translations over so that the
formatting will be consistent between languages
(and so that I have some idea of where i am in the
document...).

Will FM know how to generate this index? Will I
need to make a new master and reference page to
accomodate the chinese index? I think the answer
must be yes, if anyone has done this and can offer
any suggestions or help or point me to a place to
find info that would be great!

I am working on a chinese windows 98 machine with
FM6 and Acrobat 4.05 with the Asian font pack
included.

Thanks,

Erica

Erica Chapin