Frame+SGML and managing EDDs

Is there a third party tool that can be used to create EDDs? I'm thinking in
terms of something like OpenText's Near&Far Designer that is used to create and
manage DTDs. In fact, I'm going to email Opentext to see if they ever thought of
(or have) adding such a funtionality to the Near&Far.
Being able to define formatting in a graphical tree view of the EDD would
simplify the consternation at trying to get the IF, ELSEIF contextual formatting
right. I would like to be able to define formatting in the graphical view on the
instance of the element that I want and know that I have affected the right
instance (the tool then combining all instances into the required EDD format).

Eric L. Dunn