RE: Text box problems

Kail:

Are you sure you have a text box?  It should show the section symbol (looks
like two intertwined snakes) if you have.  Or have you sent the text box to
the back of another transparent object?  Try selecting it and pressing Esc
g f to bring it to the front.  If you can't select it, it is indeed behind
something else.  Of have you accidentally set your cursor to the grahics
selection mode (top right of graphics floating palette).  Only the magic
cursor (top left) switches between graphics and text modes.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor

Bruce Lockerbie wrote ...

Not certain if this will help but I just attempted what I think you might
have accidentally done. What it is, is that you could have a couple of
place
that you tried to insert just text using the Graphics Tool in the same
location where you are placing the text frame but the edges are invisible
(always invisible).

Now if this is not what happened then I'm not certain about your problem
there it is always the possibility that someone working on it before you
did
this.

To test it and find out save the document and then delete the text frame on
that page now hold the control (ctrl) key down and run the mouse arrow
around the empty page it will change to a hollow arrow if it finds both a
hidden text frame or a hidden graphics frame.

Kail wrote ...

When I draw a small text box, I double click inside the box, but I cannot
get a cursor or insertion point in the box to begin typing my text. I have
done this hundreds of times before and it worked fine until now. When I
double click, either I get a cursor outside the text box or it actually
selects a small rectangle? What is going on? I have tried different text
boxes and they all act the same.

Kail Schoen
kschoen@sunflowermfg.com
SUNFLOWER/Technical Publications Dept.