RE: Font search

Richard, Kevin:

> > Is there any way to search for a font in a document?
> > I keep having errors that say that a certain font is not available, yet
> > don't have it anywhere in my text. I want to delete the font, but I
don't
> > know where it is.

> Open the doc. Select File > Preferences, and then uncheck the Remember
> Missing Font Names box.

BAAAAD idea!  If you check this box, FrameMaker will substitute its best
guess for every font it can't find on your machine -- which may not be what
you want.  Go with Dov's suggestion.  Also, note that if their are any text
frames on your master pages that have the unwanted font in them, they will
show up as "missing" fonts even though they don't appear on any body page.

If you are really hot and bothered, save the file as MIF, open in a text
editor, find a font you are actually using and substitute it for the font
name you don't want. Then save and re-open. Voila! No more missing fonts.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor