Re: Invisible Watermarks

Joanna:

> I'm looking for a way to put a watermark on our books that doesn't show
up in the
> PDF file, but does show up when the file is printed.  I've looked all
over, but
> all I can seem to find is information on watermarks that will show up on
the PDF
> file. Even the high-priced plug-ins that I've seen seem to do only
visible
> watermarks. We're looking at putting the watermark on eBooks, so we don't
want it
> to be on the page when they're looking at it on screen.

Put the watermark text in a background text frame behind the text frame on
the master pages. You can rotate this background frame so the watermark is
diagonal.  Give the watermark text a condition format of Watermark.  When
you go to print, show Watermark.  When you produce eBooks or PDF, hide
Watermark.

Regards,
Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor