Re: OS X (was Re: Windows ME)

on 05/10/2000 12:57 AM, Viktor Haag at vhaag@rim.net wrote:

> And frankly, I recognize that Features might be more important
> than Carbon in the eyes of Adobe, but as far as I'm concerned,
> the current feature set is entirely adequate and while there
> continue to be things I'd like to see (better handling of style
> importing, better handling of endnotes, etc.), Carbonisation of
> Frame is more important to me than new features.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Viktor.

If there's one thing that bugs me about the Mac OS, it's the crashes. I
would gladly go without some feature additions if it could mean that I could
run Frame natively in an OS that didn't crash (eg. OS X). So for me,
Carbonisation is at the very top of my wish-list.

Perhaps Windows users could see what I mean if they were offered the
following choice: using an old, buggy, degraded, crash-prone copy of Win 95
to do their FrameMaker work; or using a tight, clean install of Win 2000.
The former promises as many as two, three or more crashes a day, while the
latter promises weeks of trouble-free running at a time. I'd go for the
latter any day, even if it did mean waiting longer for features.