Re: [Fwd: Re: FrameMaker+SGML and XML data]

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Barratt <markb@textmatters.com>
To: Framers@FrameUsers. com <Framers@FrameUsers.com>; Framers@Omsys. Com
<framers@omsys.com>
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 9:54 AM
Subject: [Fwd: Re: FrameMaker+SGML and XML data]

This may also have some general interest:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/ntsgml.html
"Although there are lots of SGML-editors and integrated systems
 for commercial use on the Windows platform available, to date
there is no simple and affordable system for private users on the
market (at least I'm not aware of). Unless you want to switch to a
Linux system like Debian, which offers a selection of SGML tools
(see The Debian SGML/XML Howto for instructions), you'll have
to browse the web for a solution to this problem. As a result of such
a search, I will describe here a free SGML system for Windows NT,
which is just one of several possibilities to build such a system. With
some small changes to the setup procedure, the system also runs on
Windows 95/98. I didn't test that personally, but several adventurous
hackers provided this useful information. The instructions do not
assume much knowledge about anything, they're meant to enable a
newbie (like me, a couple of months ago) to get access to SGML."

SH: There is section on SGML DTDs.

Regards,
Stephen