Re: How to default import graphic by copying

Please not the the $TEMPDIR variable cited in the link Thomas posted
should be $TMPDIR

I currently have the following statements set up to prepare for
launching FrameMaker:

export TMPDIR; TMPDIR='/tmp'

You shell may require different syntax. Make sure you have adequate
/tmp space to hold all the graphics files that have been copied into
your document. I have had documents that have exceeded 80 megs in this
regard. Your megmileage may differ.

Craig Ede
Los Jugadores Bazutadores

>>> "Thomas Michanek" <thomas.michanek@telia.com> 08/23/00 09:32AM >>>
> However, several years
> ago, I remember deleting a whole bunch of .makerswap files from
> my Unix Home directory and then I noticed that most of my
> FrameMaker files "lost" their graphics. I never found out
> officially (i.e., got in touch with Adobe) if the two actions
> were related, but I've always assumed that they were. Anyone know
> for sure?

Oh yes. Graphics imported by copy get temporarily saved out to
files in .makerswap of .fmU* driectories. If you delete them,
FM cannot read them back at the time of display or save.

I'm currently preparing an article on this topic.
I can also refer you to an old framers article at
http://www.egroups.com/message/framers/10859

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com   (Sweden)
  http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
  http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers