Re: FrameScript--just learning

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:59:18 -0600, "Anita Rae" <anirae@eclipseinc.com> wrote:

>I'm new to FrameScript, not a programmer, but am a long-time Frame user. I
>need to apply several changes to Frame files in the process of converting
>the files to JavaHelp files.
>
>These are some of the changes I need to make:
>
>~S&R Tabs (\t) to line break (\n)
>~S&R Directional Quotes and curly apostrophes to straight Qs&As
>~Remove all references pages
>~Remove all unused master pages
>~Remove any footers on remaining master pages
>~Insert a line break between Auto Number "Note:" and attached paragraph
>~Delete extra spaces
>~Delete empty paragraphs
>~Delete all unused paragraph tags (deleting all of them works just as well)
>~Delete all (unused) character tags
>~Import formats from a specific "template" Frame file
>~Save as MIF

Or, instead of spending hours and hours on each file, you can get
your JavaHelp output in one step, using our Mif2Go filter.  And we
produce the HelpSet, contents, map, and index files you need too.
In addition, we've found a number of undocumented "features" in
JavaHelp for which we compensate; if you don't know about them, you
will be baffled by some very strange behavior when you finally get
to run your JavaHelp system...

You may still find that JavaHelp isn't quite ready for prime time;
that's our opinion.  In that case, you may want to consider generic
HTML, XHTML, or XML, or even MS HTML Help.  Fine, we generate them
all...  and you get WinHelp and Word RTF output as a bonus.

For further info on our inexpensive ($295 single-seat) and well-
supported (unlimited free email support and all upgrades for the
first year, $75 per seat per year thereafter) solution, see:
  http://www.omsys.com

FrameScript is a great tool, but sometimes a product designed for
your specific task, giving you good results right out of the box
with no training (or consulting) required, makes more sense.

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/