How to handle unavailable fonts

Free Framers,

In case you find the information below worthy of a wider audience,
feel free to forward the message to the FrameUsers mailing list,
but email me privately before you do so to avoid multiple postings.
This message is also posted to the News group news:comp.text.frame,
and Adobe's web-based User-to-User Forum for FrameMaker
(http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx.fcgi?.ee6b312).

How to handle unavailable fonts
===============================
One of the most frequent and annoying problems in FrameMaker is
the message about "unavailable fonts" that can appear when you
open a file, and that can interfere with book-wide operations.

This subject is a Frequently Asked Question on all FrameMaker
forums. I have encountered the problem numerous times, and thought
it would be a good idea to summarize the accumulated wisdom of
myself and other framers. Therefore, an in-depth description of
the problem and its solutions can now be found on my framers web
page, with the following direct address:
http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers/fonts/unavailable.html

There may be errors and omissions on this page, and I eagerly await
your comments and corrections. In particular, I'm not sure if
FrameMaker 6.0 offers any comfort, or if the Macintosh version is
adequately treated. Let me know, and I'll update the page.

There are other updates and new items on my web page, but I'll
let you find them yourself :-)

At your service,