Re: Best way to create a flowchart in FM 5.5?

At 3:17 PM -0400 07/08/00, Jane Post wrote:

>I believe the original author used text boxes in Word. When imported
>into FM, the contents were imported but not the borders or the arrows
>connecting the boxes. It looks like the only way to create a box with
>a border is to use the Rectangle graphic tool, and then use the Draw
>a Text Line tool to enter text. Is there a better way?

Yes, there's a better way.

When you install FrameMaker there is a folder called Clipart that has a file in it containing flowchart primitives. The file is called Flowchart.fm

The problem is that these flowchart primitives are pretty well useless as they are. No text boxes in them and drawn by someone who didn't know how to use the drawing tools very well. Five years ago I reworked them into something more useful. They were all redrawn the right way and now have a place for text that will centre it in the flowchart element. I sent them to you off-list so there would be no attachment going to the list. But others who have a need for flowcharts can get them if they want.

- web