SOLUTION: Need some technical help with the FrameMaker FDK

Hi all--

Thought I'd let you know that we got a solution for the FDK
problem: use the component ID explicitly instead of using
FP_FirstComponentInBook.

Mark says that with FP_FirstComponentInBook, he was probably
getting the wrong ID or a non-existent ID -- and he never would
have thought of that on his own.

>From Tassos:
<snip>
Try this for creating a component and making it a TOC:
 compId = F_ApiNewSeriesObject(bookId, FO_BookComponent, prevCompId);
   if (compId)
   {
     F_ApiSetId(bookId, compId, FP_PrevComponentInBook,  prevCompId);
     F_ApiSetInt(bookId, compId, FP_BookComponentIsGeneratable, True);
     F_ApiSetInt(bookId, compId, FP_BookComponentType, FV_BK_TOC);
   }
where prevCompId is the book component before the component you have just
added.
</snip>

><snip>
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to do some work with the FrameMaker FDK and
>cannot figure out how to create any of the auto-generated
>book components programmatically. I can create a standard
>book component, but the attributes that should (according
>to the documentation) change the components into auto-
>generated components do nothing. I cannot get my program
>to create a TOC at the beginning of a book or an IOR at
>the end of a book.
>
>So far I've tried the following Book Component attributes:
>FP_BookComponentType
>FP_BookComponentIsGeneratable
>FP_GenerateInclude
>
>Any suggestions?