Re: autonumbering for multifile chapters

Hi Lester,

Thanks for your answer. We're using Frame 5.5.3
The reason we wanted to make a separate template for continuation files
in a multifile chapter was to delete the regular chapter number tag from
that template so no one would accidently use it, and to have the chapter
number continued tag unavailable in the regular template.

One of the things I did try was like your solution #2, below. It works
for the second file, but not the third file in the multifile chapter.
Here are the 2 chapter number tags:

cn chap nmbr		C:<n+>< =0>< =0>
			(I believe counters to the right that are left out will be re-set to
zero, so this is the equivalent of C:<n+>< =0>< =0>< =0>< =0>)
cnc chap nmbr continue	C:<n>< >< >< >< >

I don't know if you have any more insights given this information, but
if you do I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for your help,

- Barbara