Re: Importing from a Comma Delimited Text File

At 03:47 PM 7/27/00 -0400, Karen Skipper wrote:
>Hello Framers,
>
>I'm currently working on a project where I'm importing data from
>a file which is comma delimited.
>
>Depending on the data I need to bold or italicize certain lines. Is this
>possible???
>
>I also have the need to format page header info from the delimited text
>file. How
>do you do that???
>
>I'm working with a programmer on this project.  The delimited file can be
>setup
>differently if need be.
There is a product called UniMerge that will do this. For a description
of how this product works, see my paper entitled Database Publishing
with FrameMaker and UniMerge (a PDF file). To get it, go to:

http://www.microtype.com

When the home page opens, click on the Resources link in the
left frame. Then scroll down to Links to Tutorials and Articles.
You'll find the paper (along with 5 others of mine) there.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646