Re: Chrystal Software's Canterbury

At 04:02 PM 7/27/00 +0200, Catherine asks:
>I just discovered Canterbury on the web.
>
>Does anyone have experience with it? What is your feeling about the product?

We have been using Canterbury for a few months now.  I love the concept,
but I find the product itself a bit buggier than I'd like for a real production
environment.

We're not giving up on it; as we speak, Chrystal support is trying to find
out why text insets get lost after checking files into and back out of the
repository, and why cross-references do not stay resolved, among other
problems we've run into.

At this point, I'd say wait and see whether the problems current users
have encountered get addressed before you jump in with both feet.
I certainly hope we find out what's going on and find a solution that
works with our complex document set.  As I said, I really love the concept
of Canterbury as a content management system that's tightly integrated
with FrameMaker but doesn't require the level of structure mandated
by SGML.

Anyone else have any experiences to throw into the pot?

martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me,
  If I am only for myself, what am I,
  If not now, when?"
	--Hillel, Mishna, "Sayings of the Fathers," 1:13