Re: Feeling a bit lost

See below ...

        - Dov

At 7/26/00 05:10 PM, Thomas Neuburger wrote:
>I think this info is right -- comments below.
>
>Tom
>
>Jerilynne Sander wrote:
>
>>OK, I thought I was doing such a good job of keeping the messages about
>>installing Frame 6.0.
>>
>>Before I get beaten up--I'm already doing that!
>>
>>First of all, I want to keep both Frame 5.5.6 and Frame 6.0 on the same
>>machine since I have clients using both versions.
>

>Shouldn't be a problem.

Except for point and click issue below, confirmed.

>>Since I want to keep both version of Frame, my questions are
>>
>>Do I use the same printer driver for both versions?
>
>If you're using Acrobat 4 as your PDF printer, then I think yes. As I understand it, the printer driver must be properly mated to the version of distiller, not the version of Frame.
>
>Dov may know differently, though.

Should be perfectly fine. Remember that FrameMaker 6 automatically
installs AdobePS 4.4 which MUST be upgraded to 4.4.1 by download
from Adobe.com.

>>Must I do anything unique to keep both versions loaded?
>
>Install Frame 6 into its own directory and you're fine.
>
>Be aware that the last Frame version loaded (in Win) will be the one associated with .fm and related files. So to open a file into a different version, open that version first, then double-click the file. Win will use the open instance. Or choose File / Open.
>
>Otherwise, they don't seem to interfere. I've been running like this for a while, with as many as four versions loaded.
>
>>Do I have to load ATM Lite (I already have ATM 4.0 loaded)?
>
>My understanding is that ATM, once loaded, does it for all installations.

Except that ATM 4.0 won't work correctly with AdobePS 4.4 with Type 1 fonts.
Nor will the ATM Lite 4.1 that came with FrameMaker 6. The version of ATM Lite
available for downloading from Adobe.com (labelled 4.1, but really 4.1.1)
fixes these problems. However, that would kill the "deluxeness" of your
current ATM installation. You can order an ATM Deluxe 4.1 upgrade for approx
$30 by phone from Adobe. I recommend you do this FIRST!

>Good luck,
>
>Tom

... and good luck from here, also. And thanks, Tom!

        - Dov