Re: Request for info re PostScript flows in FM

At 11:41a +1000 7/24/00, Michael Richards wrote:

>Do NOT remove the functionality!!!!!!!

>If Adobe in a moment of __EXTREME_FOOLISHNESS__ were to take away this VALUABLE facility

>Could I express my anger any stronger??????

>Yours in the belief that sanity will prevail,
>
>Michael Richards.

I've received about a dozen responses so far, with Michael's email at the top of the list for energy level. Several people commented on the importance and usefulness of embedded ps, and mentioned using Shlomo's TimeSavers, with other uses including:

* a plug-in that transfers FrameMaker numbering styles to PDF
* custom cropping and view setup for Reader
* links to movies and sounds in PDF, page transition setup, watermarks
* custom background gridlines for printed galley proofs
* embedded 'dash code' specifying stuffers for individualized batch mailings
* link management between books in a PDF environment

Thanks for the responses.

...Lee

: Lee Richardson      : mailto:lhr@adobe.com : +1 408.536.6412     :
: Dev Mgr, FrameMaker : Adobe Systems, Inc   : +1 408.537.5113 fax :