Re: FM 6.0 on Mac Crashes (Final)

>I have a PowerPC (PowerCenter Pro 210) running Mac OS 9.0. I am
>having problems with unmapped memory exceptions and freezes whenever
>I attempt to do any action with a Book, or save a file.

Here is an update.

This  problem is specific to older PowerPC chips. The 604/604e and
probably 603/603e chips either will crash upon starting FM 6.0 or
freeze during save and save as operations. Apparently, FM 6.0 code is
somehow specific to the G3 and G4 chips.

This is not dependent upon the version of the OS. Adobe has
acknowledged the problem and is examining it.

A G3 upgrade card in a Mac 8500 eliminates this behavior. A G3
upgrade card in a PowerCenter Pro allows FM 6.0 to save files, but
save as and some book actions still result in a freeze.