Re: Tricky TOC Question -- a caution

| I have a question that someone out there may know how to answer.
|
| I want to generate a TOC, but I want the headings within the TOC to be
| dark blue...not the leaders or the page nmumbers...those I want to
| remain black.
|
| For example: Appendix A....................78
| So, Appendix A would be Blue, but the leaders and the page numbers would
| remian black.
|
| Also, is there a way to make the Index page numbers generate in another
| color, while leaving the index sujects in black text?
|
| TIA,
|
| KM

Keith -

David Artman's answer is correct (to use character tags to control the
text coloration), but there is one possible 'gotcha' to note:

If you enable the "generate hypertext links" feature for the table of
contents or index, the colored areas will limit the live link.  The
behavior is that all text in the same font & style (color, italics,
etc) is the 'clickable' area for the link.

This is not really an issue for the index, where each page number/range
is an individual link, but for the table of contents, instead of being
able to click anywhere in a line, you will only be able to click in the
text that is fokrmatted with the exact same style as the first character,
as the hypertext marker is inserted at the very start of the paragraph.

-- Lester
 Lester C. Smalley               |  email: LSmalley@Infocon.com
 Information Consultants, Inc.   |  phone: (302) 239-2942
 Hockessin, DE  USA 19707-0310   |  fax:   (302) 239-1712