Replacing Framemaker

[apologies if I'm repeating someone; I'm on digest]

Seeing as how Framemaker *will* eventually implode,
it might be more profitable to begin supporting alternatives
NOW, rather than later . . .

One that I've been looking at is LyX, and although I
can't offer an opinion on it yet, it does look interesting
on the face of it -- it supports sgml-tools, for example.
(www.lyx.org)

At the very least, if LyX can't do something we need it
to, a sufficiently interested FM user could just grab the
LyX code and change it, rather than beg Adobe to pay
attention. Similarly, if none of us were able to code ourselves,
we could potentially just pay someone else to do it
(via sourcexchange, for example).

Does anyone have other candidates for replacing Frame?

Martin Anderson
epixtech inc.,
Evanston IL
. . . my opinion only, of course . . .