time estimate for Word to Frame conversion

A different branch of my company is considering converting all their Word docs
to Frame. They told me "It is estimated that it would take 8 writers between 2.5
to 3 years to convert the entire library [14,000
pages] from Word 97 to FrameMaker. This includes the building
of templates, testing, and training."

I've never tried anything that big, but that estimate seems a bit much,
especially considering what they can do with FrameScript and various other
plug-ins and such.

For those of you with experience in these kinds of projects, does 2.5 to 3 years
sound reasonable?

rick