Re: time estimate for Word to Frame conversion

We estimate 4 to 6 pages an hour conversion, perhaps faster if the Word
files use formats and are structured. We can use some Framescripts to help
make that even faster, if things are well structured, which they never are.

Tables and graphics are the biggest slow down. Most docs in Word have the
graphics pasted in so we have to PDF and then screen capture to get the best
graphics to place in Frame. Most tables have to be destroyed and then
recreated, although Rick has a script that cleans up tables from Word. If we
did more of these conversions, we would buy it because it would save lots of
time.

The template should take about a week to create. A good designer (like us!)
can do it in a week, testing as s/he goes with live info. Another week to
test with other manuals and then you are off and flying.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590
www.anthrobytes.com
Vice-president, Programs of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org