Re: XMLcss API for FrameMaker 6.0

At 08:53 AM 6/22/00 -0700, James Lowther wrote:
>Hello Framers--
>
>Does anyone have experience downloading and using the XMLcss API for
>FM+SGML v6? I tried to download a version of this API that was marked "for
>version 5.5.6" from the Adobe website, but was unable to follow the
>instructions with the accompanying ReadMe (there was no .dll file).
>
>Has anyone had success in downloading and installing XMLcss? Is the
>current version compatible with FM+SGML v6? Is there a new version for v6?
>
>Thanks.
There is a 9-page white paper (PDF) on the Adobe Web site entitled
FrameMaker 6.0 and XML that I found under the FM+SGML product information.
On page 6, is the following statement:

"For projects that use XML primarily to display text and data, two emerging
standards have sought to facilitate the expression and application of
formatting specifications. The first is cascading style sheets (CSS), which
allow users to create a consistent look and feel for the documents they
genrate. These style sheets are similar in function to FrameMaker
templates. The second standard is extensible style sheets (XSS).
FrameMaker+SGML supports both standards , so that the XML it generates can
be used widely and consistently with great ease."

A month or so ago, I posted a message to the list asking if the XMLcss.dll
plug-in that was donwloadable from the Adobe website for V5.5.6 was also
available for 6.0, and got a response back from someone at Adobe stating
that it was available for V6.0.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646