HELP! a question about FM files conversion

We have certain .fm files in UNIX, and there's some NT Oracle data we need
to insert in those .fm files.  The data need to be appeared as in Table
format in the .fm files after merging.  All these processes need to be done
automatically every nite.

Originally, my approach is as follow:  first, get the Oracle NT data and put
them in .txt file or .cmv file.  Then export it to UNIX system of where the
.fm files are stored.  Then go to UNIX, run fmbatch (or your programs as
this point, thank you!), and converted those .fm files into .mif files.
Then I created a Java program which would do some search and insert those NT
.txt data into the UNIX .mif files (with some tags insertion, of course; so
that the final data would appear as tables in the .mif files).  then convert
the .mif files back to .fm.

My trouble:  the .mif files (or .fm files) are so DAMN LONG!!  If i use my
Java program to "hard-code" those tags into the .mif files with the desired
Oracle data, I have no clue how many lines of tags would need to accomplish
this task.  I created a simple .fm file with ONLY 2 COLUMNS AND 2 ROWS.
Such table after conversion in .mif format, although I could read them as
simple ASCII file, but it's over 174 pages...!

What would be the best way to do this, may I ask?  How would you suggest in
the insertion?

Thank you in advance,
Ann