Re: framers-digest V1 #390

Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:

> Good grief, Marcus, what on Earth are you trying to accomplish?  Dan
> was annotating errors in docs that *ship with FM 6*.  As list admin of
> Free Framers, I find this *entirely* on topic.

There are a couple of issues here - the first is that Dan's post was not annotating
errors - that was his third post. He was just kicking Adobe's support, but the
ridiculous cross-posting puts it out of order and out of context on this list. The
second issue is that I didn't post my reply to this group, so what business is it of
yours?

> Your implied requirement
> that PDF issues can only be discussed on lists "which deal exclusively
> with PDF" is a bizarre invention all your own, certainly not Net policy
> on any list...

I didn't post it to this list and as I have had no such feedback from the
FrameMaker+SGML list, I'm assuming that you don't speak for them and they don't have a
problem with my posting.

> Kindly do not arrogate to yourself the job of list cop.  If you have
> any such criticism of Dan, or anyone else, please direct it to me, as
> list admin.  Off list.

Again, this has got nothing to do with this list, so put a plug in it. If you have an
issue to raise with me, you can do it off list too.

>  And incidentally, if you expect cooperation on
> your projects from other listmembers (as you have discussed both with
> Dan and with me), you might be well advised to use your delete key...
> before you *send* such poison posts.  They do not speak well of you.

You're revealing the contents of private discussions with the list? You got anything
else up your sleeve?

> Permission is granted to repost this on the other two lists where the
> referenced posts appeared, as I am not a member of either and cannot
> do so.

Yeah, well if anybody can be bothered to do so, I ask that in the interest of
fairness, they include this post as well. I'm not a member of one of the lists
cross-posted to and after I send this, I'll cease to be a member of this last as well.
Jeremy, you're a disgrace.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au