Frame+SGML and XML

Hi;

Is the following correct?

If I create a valid doc in Frame+SGML, then if I save it as XML for help
systems, I will have a nice structured doc, for example

<procedure>
  <intro>....</intro>
  <step>....
    <para>....</para>
  </step>
  <step>...</step>
< /procedure>

However, if I'm using Frame, and save as XML, I get

<step_first>...</step_first>
<step>...</step>
<para>...</para>
<step>...</step>

In other words, Frame+SGML produces XML that has a structure, while Frame's
save as XML produces a whole bunch of individual items (paragraphs) in no
particular structure.

I'm asking because we are looking at single-sourcing help and docs, and the
help is likely to be in HTML or XML since we have to support at least
UNIX/Linux and Win NT.  The XML from Frame is not going to be nearly as
useful as the XML from Frame+SGML.

Actually, I just think that structured authoring is great.  A long time ago
I was in a group that pioneered FrameBuilder with fully validated structured
docs, and I really liked the benefits of working with structured docs.  So
I'm trying to get Frame+SGML in through the back door....

....Ed