Re: Seeing original tag definitions [was: fonts and variables in generated...

Well, my inadvertant idiocy has started some useful clarification. (Thanks,
David.)

I still think that it's a bug when FrameMaker deliberately makes its
interface as nearly as practical identical in OTHER ways across its
platforms. But the bug could be viewed as being the Mac UI instead of the
Windows one; I haven't seen enough of the Unix UI to know which model it
follows.

Your point about needing clarification is well taken. "Current" or "Catalog"
Settings would certainly beef up this fuzziness in the designer dialogs.
(RFE...is anyone listening?)

Me, I assume that "settings" in a designer dialog means the ones stored in
the catalog (come to think of it, that was how I was trained, in a
cross-platform formal class on Frame 4 and Frame 5, by a Frame expert who's
now ACE in most of Adobe's apps).

Ah, well, live and learn.

Deborah Snavely, Senior Technical Writer, Aurigin Systems, Inc.