RE: File too large to open?

Hmmm, very interesting...

<<<Frank Stearns wrote>>>
You could try --

a. Opening the doc, doing a control-A (select all) DELETE to clipboard so
that the doc is now a complete blank, followed by a PASTE to put
everything back. This usually rebuilds all the internal object ID
numbering and other structures.

---Ron says---
Tried this - no change at all.

<<<Back to Frank>>>
b. Similarly, try saving to MIF then reopening.

---Ron's reply---
Saved as a MIF which resulted in a 69 MB file - you'll recall the original
was 35.  Opened the 69MB MIF with no problem, then saved back to a .fm.
Back down to 35 MB and back to the warning message about it being to large
to open.  Now why can I open a 69 MB MIF, but not a 35 MB fm?

<<<Frank again>>>
c. And yet a third way to rebuild: create blank doc, then import
everything from the old doc; followed by control-a (select all) from the
old doc then paste into the new doc. Or, this should be as simple as
creating a new doc using the old doc as a template.

---Ron---
Same as a.

===Original Message snipped====
I have a Frame 5.5.6 document that is 35,866 KB. When I try to open it I get
the following message: "File named xxxxx.fm may be too large to open using
available memory. OK to try anyway?" I click on OK and everything opens just
fine.