RE: Adobe + FrameMaker

> A "MegaTool" can be VERY good at one thing; and "OmniTool" can do a
> lot of things, but makes no promises as to how well. An "ÜberTool"
> is excellent at all things.

No-one (apart from an Australian cricketer) can be excellent at all
things, and nor should they try to be. Frame should decide what it
wants to be in the next few years and strive to be excellent at that.
Frame is a merely adequate word processor, for example, but if there
has to be a choice about where the development resources go, I'd
rather it went into beefing up Frame's credentials for complex multi-
purpose documents.

As 'Danny the E' said yesterday in an interesting post over on the
Free Framers list, Frame's own future may be to wither away while an
ever-improving FrameMaker+SGML becomes the mainstream product. If
Frame is to be Über-anything, I hope it's an ÜberFrameMaker+XML.

> I wonder what they pay Übermenschen these days, anyway?

pay peanuts, get Übermonkeys

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield