Frame failure to launch on Mac OS 9 // RE: NT Blue Screen with FrameMaker

On crashing with NT...

Did you uninstall Frame 5.5.6 before installing Frame 6? Or uninstall 6
before reverting to 5.5.6?

As to the registry... look under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Adobe >
FrameMaker. If you still find anything there *after* uninstalling all the
Frame-related stuff, you probably want to delete it.

Ummm. I have a somewhat similar problem on OS 9. Whenever I start Frame
5.5.6, it gets about halfway through the splash screen messages, then
crashes. (The "serious error -> must quit" guru meditations.) This happens
EVERY time I try to start Frame, no matter which method I use to start it.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Frame, but no dice. Conflict Catcher
came up empty. I tried reinstalling OS 9. None of my other apps are acting
up at all. Has anyone else seen this or have any clue what the hey I do
next?

Thanks,
Ananda
ananda.stevens@windriver.com