Re: FW: Attachments Not Allowed on Framers

On Tue, 16 May 2000 08:49:00 -0500, Bill Fetzner <BFetzner@etcconnect.com> wrote:

>I wonder if the complaint from Frameusers, below, is sent to others who
>email to Framers. I didn't copy Frameusers when I send a couple of messages
>to the Framers list recently, but in each instance I got this alert from
>Frameusers, which suggests that Framers forwards my contribution to the
>Frameusers list as an attachment. Since I can reach that list directly, I
>have no need for Framers to do it for me. Could there be another
>explanation?

Yes, there is.  Grumph.  We don't have a searchable, Web-accessible archive
of Free Framers set up here at Omsys; we just have the default Majordomo
archive, which offers you a month's worth of messages per gulp.  So when
that archiving issue came up on a post that was also on FrameUsers, Brad
kindly offered to host an archive for us on FrameUsers.  We accepted...

Since then, we've had several cases of Lyrix rules being applied to the
posts going into the archive.  Brad claims he is unable to change most
of those rules; he *did* disable the one that was blocking Dan's posts,
but he says the rest, like the ones that watch for zubscribe and for
attachments, are built-in and unalterable.  So as long as we continue
keeping our archive there, to allow searchability and Web access, we
will have these unfortunate rejeections.  The messages go only to the
originator of the post, BTW, so if you don't tell me, I'll never know.

That said, I'd really appreciate it if nobody would send attachments of
any sort to the list.  If you have something large to share, put it on
a Web page and post the URL.  HTML mail, and V-cards, are accursed and
should never be sent to any list.  Please don't make me put up the same
sort of bounce filters as FrameUsers employs...  Thank you!

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **