RE: adding conditional attributes to a paragraph tag

Vickie Brown <vbrown@portal.com> said:
> I'd like to associate a condition with a paragraph tag that we use
> for embedding comments during the review cycle. The paragraph tag
> has obnoxious colors to help us spot them, but we still admonish
> template users to assign a condition to the paragraph. Adding the
> condition as one of the paragraph tag's attributes would help
> eliminate the additional step.

If this can't be done (and I don't know of a way), you can use
keyboard shortcuts to make the manual tagging step less tedious.

1. select the paragraph
2. press Ctrl-4, then the first letter of the condition tag
3. press Enter to apply the condition

This is much faster to do than to describe! I use the Comment tag,
which happens to be the first tag name in alphabetical order, and so
is the default choice when I press Ctrl-4. So for me it's triple-
click, Ctrl-4, Enter.

To remove all condition tags from selected text, press Ctrl-6.
To remove one tag from text with multiple condition tags, press
Ctrl-5, then the first letter of the condition tag, then Enter.

I'm not sure if these shortcuts are the same on all platforms, but
you can check in the Help under Conditional Text.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield
Gentoo Communications