RE: adding conditional attributes to a paragraph tag

And an even faster way ...

> Vickie Brown <vbrown@portal.com> said:
> > I'd like to associate a condition with a paragraph tag that we use
> > for embedding comments during the review cycle. The paragraph tag
> > has obnoxious colors to help us spot them, but we still admonish
> > template users to assign a condition to the paragraph. [...]
>
> [...] you can use
> keyboard shortcuts to make the manual tagging step less tedious.
>
> 1. select the paragraph
> 2. press Ctrl-4, then the first letter of the condition tag
> 3. press Enter to apply the condition
>
> This is much faster to do than to describe! I use the Comment tag,
> which happens to be the first tag name in alphabetical order, and so
> is the default choice when I press Ctrl-4. So for me it's triple-
> click, Ctrl-4, Enter.
>
> To remove all condition tags from selected text, press Ctrl-6.
> To remove one tag from text with multiple condition tags, press
> Ctrl-5, then the first letter of the condition tag, then Enter.
>
> I'm not sure if these shortcuts are the same on all platforms, but
> you can check in the Help under Conditional Text.

They are the same.  Here is the faster way.

1	Apply the Comment condition to an ObnoxiousColour para.

2	Select some characters in the ObnoxiousColour para.

3	Choose Edit > Copy Special > Conditional Text Settings.
 	[Can anybody tell me what the Esc shortcut is for this, similar
 	to Esc e y p to copy para settings, and Esc e y c for char settings?]

4	Choose Edit > Find/Change and set the Find/Change dialogue:
 	Find [Paragraph Tag:] [ObnoxiousColour]
 	Change [By Pasting]

5	Click Change All In: (o) Document.  Voila!

And then there's FrameScript ...

--

Regards,
Hedley Finger   Technical Writer

Ericsson Australia Pty Ltd
Documentation Group
Level 34.108   Melbourne Central Tower
Elizabeth Street   Melbourne VIC 3000   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9301 6214   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9301 6199
Email. hedley.finger@ericsson.com.au

Hand Holding Projects Pty Ltd
28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Cell. +61 412 461 558   Fax. +61 3 9809 1326
Email. hfinger@handholding.com.au