Re: controlling hyphenation

Barbara,

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but answering from tomorrow on the
other side of the world, I'd use a different approach. Why not suppress the
hyphenation of the word by using the short cut <esc> n s. Just insert your I-bar
cursor immediately to the left of the first character of the word and type the
three keys (esc n s). Voila! Or type the magic three before typing the word,
when typing afresh.

The key combination results in a special character that looks much like the
dreaded marker characters (though upsidedown).

I'm afraid I don't know what's going on in your dialogue box problem.

Barbara Aufgang wrote:

> I am trying to control the hyphenation in my document so that name of the
> product is not hyphenated.  The instructions in the user manual seemed very
> simple.  I opened the spelling checker entered the word with a hypen before
> it in the correction text box and clicked learn.  I then rehyphenated the
> document.   I keep getting this message that there is no word in the in the
> Word text box, but this text box is ghosted and the UM says to put the word
> in the correction text box.
> Once, during the many times I tried this, I got a message telling me to open
> the Options dialog box and choose the appropriate Find option. I didn't know
> what they meant by that so I tried the one having to do with hyphenation
> (Find unusual hyphenation).  I still got the "no word in the Word text box"
> message.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is?
>
> Thanks.

             _   _        Michael Richards
            ( \ / )       Email:  michaelr@ind.tansu.com.au
           __\ Y /,-')    Tel: +61 2 9206 3524
          (__     .-'     Locked Bag 6581 Sydney 1100
             |   (        Fax: +61 2 9281 1301
             [___]        Intelligent Network Platforms,
             |oo |        Telstra Corporation, Australia
           ,' \  |
          <___/  |
             |   |
             |   |     HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CHICKEN???