Re: possible to color frame cross-refs in the pdf only?

Lori,

We have a character format called HyperColor that is part of the definition of any xref tag that we want to appear as "clickable" when producing PDF for on-line
use.

We have a file that does just one thing - defines the HyperColor format as blue and underlined. When we want to produce on-line PDF, we import character formats
from that file into the book and viola, all xrefs are clearly links.

When it is time to print, we have another file that has just one character format defined. Yup- it's HyperColor, but it is defined as black with no underline.
Either import operation doesn't remove the HyperColor format from the xrefs, it just changes the characteristics.

With the small catalog size - one format - this is a very fast operation even for large books.

HTH

Greg