Re: FM+SGML help needed.

At 10:41 AM 4/3/00 -0500, Margaret Gainsley wrote:
>FM+SGML Gurus,
>
>Can FrameMaker+SGML write a DTD from a EDD that is complete enough to be
>used to export structured FM+SGML files to SGML?
>
>Problem is, getting the apps folder configured properly to be used as the
>application or if the DTD isn't complete enough to save my files as SGML.
Margaret: In my earlier response, I misread your question. I thought you
were trying to create a new EDD from an existing DTD. Instead, I now realize
you're just trying to create a new DTD from an existing EDD. If you want to
use the CALS table model in the DTD, it would be advisable to take all of
the table elements out of the EDD-produced DTD and replace them by an
external parameter entity declaration and its invocation. The external
parameter entity should contain the CALS table model element and attribute
declarations as they appear in the applicable appendix of the Developer's
Guide. Read/write rules for CALS tables should use the rules in the other
applicable appendix of the Developer's Guide.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646