Re: Really confused on cross references.....

>I have frame for dummies and understand the instructions until
>I get to the format dropdown box in the cross reference menu.
>The author doesn't describe the options and I dont' exactly know what to
>pick.

I'm not sure you've got the answers you need, but you need to
understand that the contents of the format dropdown box is
document-specific. You're meant to create the formats you need
yourself according to how the cross-references should look like
in your documents, according to a style guide (if you have one).

The formats can have any name you want and contain the definiton
of the format in the form of building blocks (<$pagenum> et.al.).
You'll have to edit the formats to make them look like you want
them to, and then name them appropriately. Some formats will be
pre-defined by FM for any document you create, but you're advised
to create and name your own.

Hope this helps,
Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers