hypertext question

Hi all,
	I'm new to the list and hope to benefit from your wisdom. I'm
working on a document Framemaker and want to use hypertext links to link to
existing PDF files. In a nutshell, today the doc is in Frame, tomorrow
(well, couple of weeks really) it will be a PDF. I have a large number of
drawings that are already PDF's. Is there a way to link to a file (PDF)
while I'm still working in Frame and have those links survive? I've gotten a
couple of things to work but nothing has been easy and won't make it any
easier to update in the future. I know that certain hypertext functions
don't work but I sure would like to know if anyone's found a good solution.
Working in Frame 5.5.6, Windows98, Acrobat 4.0. If there's a solution for
the MAC I'll try that too.

thanks in advance,
Alex Fortney
afortney@etcconnect.com