Re: Frame 6.0 - Full version of Acrobat?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:44:46 -0500, Larry Kollar <Larry.Kollar@arris-i.com> wrote:

>Jeremy H. Griffith wrote:
>
>>I really have to take exception to this!  There is a perfectly "viable"
>>alternative, ...  We created it!  Please look at the new 3.0 version
>>of Mif2Go before making such a rash and poorly-informed decision:
>
>For Unix and Mac users, the original statement still stands.
>Until you support Mif2Go on those platforms, those of us who
>refuse to step down will continue to have no viable alternative.

You are quite right.  While we do offer a corporate site license
that includes full C++ source, specifically so that Mif2Go could
be ported to other platforms, we recognize this is not right for
everyone!  If it *is* right for you, see for details:

  http://www.omsys.com/dcl/orders.htm

As is so often the case for developers, even for Adobe, we have to
choose where to put our resources based on the perceived benefit
to our customers (and potential customers).  For us to invest in
those ports, we need to know that there are real purchasers out
there waiting for them.  Could we have a show of hands, please?

Would everyone who *would* definitely purchase Mif2Go if it were
available for Mac and/or UNIX please send us a short note, with
the name of their desired platform, OFF-LIST(!!!!), to:

  port@omsys.com

Also indicate the number of seats you'd want (at $295 for *any*
platform, with the usual discounts and terms).  I can't make any
promises, but if there are enough of you, we may just change a
few priorities around...  Thanks!

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **