Frame 5.5.6 and Frame 6.0 Compatibility Issues

Hi,

I've been lurking and watching all the Frame 6.0 issues but I haven't seen
one that addresses an issue that I have.

Will Frame 6.0 files be able to be read by Frame 5.5.6 FrameViewer?
And is the current version of the Frame Retrieval Tools compatible with
Frame 6.0 files?

We currently have about 2,000 online Frame documents that our client uses
FrameViewer 5.5 as their display application. We continue to add new
documents and are always updating the legacy documents. We periodically (at
least once a month) generate indexes using the Frame Retrieval Tools.

My concerns are, first, will our client have to upgrade the FrameViewer app
is we, as authors, decide to upgrade to Frame 6.0? Second, will we have to
purchase an upgrade to the Frame Retrieval Tools package (the original cost
about $5000)?  Last, will we have to convert all our legacy files (2,000+)
to the Frame 6.0 format?

As you can see, these are rather substantial concerns. Dov or Lee, have you
any answers for some of my concerns?

Frank Rees

Frank Rees
Lingua Franca DTP Service, Inc.