WWP Standard Edition info [long] / what about Mac?

The WWP standard edition, which is available ONLY with FrameMaker,
includes *four* templates. (See quoted material below).

So it sounds like if you want something other than one of the four
out-of-box templates, you either get to pay Quadralay more $$ for
a customized solution, or you get to pay Quadralay more $$ for
WWP 2000....

!!! IF YOU USE WINDOWS OR UNIX !!!

There is NO WebWorks Publisher 2000 product for any Macintosh OS.

In fact, according to one VAR, Quadralay is not supporting the most
recent version of WWP for the Mac OS. As far as I can tell from a
search of the Quadralay web site, that's version 2.2, which came
out back in 1996.

SO -- how do us Mac users create custom templates???

All of the screen shots on Adobe's site are of Windows products.
If you watch closely, you can see Frame, Frame+SGML, WWP, and
GoLive in the title bars.

So can we create custom templates in GoLive? Or do we have to take
output from one of the standard templates and then customize it via
GoLive every time??

ouch....

>> 1. Why isn't WWP Standard Edition mentioned anywhere on the Quadralay web
>> site? I could find nothing about it on Saturday, March 18.

>From the official press release at http://www.webworks.com/wwpsepr_p2.htm:
- - - - -
About WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition

WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition is a robust, full-featured online
publishing package that gives users the ability to deliver documentation
via the Internet, corporate intranets, CD-ROMs and other forms of physical
media directly from FrameMaker document source files. Through an intuitive
point-and-click interface, WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition enables
users to quickly and easily map FrameMaker document styles to new and
online delivery and display styles. WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition
automatically converts the document content to the online format with no
post-processing or editing required of either the content or the output
files.

WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition comes with four pre-defined,
production-proven templates that give users a choice of standardized
online output formats. In addition, the advanced Internet features of
WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition allow users to take advantage of all
of the benefits of online delivery through the creation of hyperlinks for
cross-page and cross-document references, selecting from the rich array
of high quality automatic graphic conversion options, and mapping Standard
Generalized Markup Language (SGML) elements, structure and attributes into
online documents. WebWorks Publisher Standard Edition is only available
with Adobe FrameMaker 6.0 and through authorized FrameMaker distributors
and resellers,
- - - - -
And yes, that's the end of the section.

Also:
- - - - -
Add-on products available from the company's Template Factory include
pre-defined JumpStart Templates and customized templates for online
delivery. Also available are Help Kits for delivering complete online
help systems for WinHelp, JavaHelp, and HTML Help, as well as WebWorks
own comprehensive online help system.
- - - - -

Searching for answers and finding more questions,

Ananda Stevens
ananda.stevens@windriver.com