Re: FM's place at Adobe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lindsey Thomas Martin" <lindseym@fraserinstitute.ca>
To: <framers@omsys.com>
Cc: <tcole@Adobe.COM>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 11:58 PM
Subject: FM's place at Adobe

> Here are some extracts from a thread (If Word can do it ...) from
> Blueworld's Indesign list that shows how one person, at least, at Adobe
> views FrameMaker.
Interesting.
Hmm.. probably, it is true, yes.
Recently I had the protracted-nocturnal-off-list-violent debate with few Adobe developer's people about very strange and one-sided
Adobe's understanding of  a) DTP for translated tech. documents b) Unicode and multilingual support in Adobe applications.
At the morning (Moscow time) we separated with nothing.
Adobe people repeated again and again two or three motives: "our customers aren't need that ..", "our applications follow to own
rules only [even if OS supports Unicode, or CE, or Cyrillic, or Greek]" and "If you are not satisfy with [for ex. Framemaker], use
[Corel Ventura]"...

Alas! It nothing to comments for me.

Dmitri Iounov
Multilingual computing