multiple undo redux

I'm not sure I'm a fan of multiple undo. I like the
utility, but I think that's one of the things that
kills Word.

Something about the way Word manages edits eats memory.
I know that the more I edit a big Word doc, the more
likely I am to get horrid messages. Saving, closing,
and reopening big files has been the only preventative,
in my experience.

So I've always been suspicious of the implementation of
multiple undo as one of the culprits--just too much for
the poor creature to remember after a while.

I'm willing to forgo the benefits if I can stay out of
Word-land. Frankly, if someone said Frame X would have
a multiple undo "feature", I'd be feeling pretty nervous.

Two cents worth,

Tom Neuburger

ezra wrote:

>As Jeremy Griffith pointed out some time ago on this list, FrameMaker
>has already implemented the hardest part of an "undo/redo" feature,
>namely, single-level undo/redo. Extending this to multiple levels is
>considerably easier, and has already been implemented in other Adobe
>products (e.g. PhotoShop).
>
>So, it is very hard to understand why multiple-level undo/redo has not
>been implemented in FrameMaker 6.0 (assuming that this is not mentioned
>in the new features precisely because it ain't there yet).

Mastering FrameMaker 5 Reprints
<http://www.FrameUsers.com/masteringframemaker.shtml>