brad policies: ad nauseum

This two-cent missive is being cross-posted to both Framers@FrameUsers
and Framers@Omsys.

I've been a member of the FrameUsers List for about 2 years and the
Omsys List since shortly after it started. According to Dan Emory's rule
of FrameUsers List membership, I'm probably classified as a lurker.
However, I have posted when I thought I had something useful to offer
the list, or when I had a question that I thought was of sufficient
depth to be interesting to those in Mr. Emory's third category.

I have been carefully monitoring (lurking) the on-going FrameUsers List
policy discussion. I agree that the recurring novice-level questions
that swell the list are a large problem. However, like Ananda Stevens
and Deborah Snavely, I've had little success plumbing the list archives,
and I'm NOT a newbie, so I'm not surprised at the increase of these
question types. I don't have an answer to this, other than to suggest
that an up-to-date comprehensive FAQ that addresses the recurring issues
would be useful. I hesitate to make such a suggestion since I don't have
the time to do it (although I might be able to contribute to a
collaborative effort).

I have some problems with the FrameUsers list operation, but I hesitate
to attack Mr. Anderson personally. I'm sure he is doing the best that he
can, even if I don't agree with his methods. Calling him an "incompetent
fool" and a "Uberfuehrer" in public is entirely unprofessional, no
matter what the perceived (or real) provocation. Please, Mr. Emory, keep
this kind of personal attack off the list(s).

--end of two-cent missive--

Larry Sherman
Resident Docologist, Documentology